NSU Password Management
Posted by Shawn Parr, Last modified by Shawn Parr on May 31, 2017 02:15 PM
Faculty, Staff, and Students of Northwestern State University can use the myNSU portal to manage your password. You can change your password, or provide an alternate email address, or a phone number, to reset your password if it is forgotten or expired. If you do happen to forget your password, or a Faculty/Staff password expires, you will be send a text message or email with a code allowing you to reset your password.
1. Log into the portal at http://my.nsula.edu
2. Click on the Password Manager link in the top bar
3. You may be prompted to login to the password management area. Please use your University username and password to login.
4. Once logged in you will be given the option of changing your password, or updating your reset options.
5. Select the Update Profile button.
6. On the update profile page you can enter either an alternate email address (this should NOT be your NSU address) or a phone number used to receive a text message. If you enter both, it will send a text message.
7. After entering your email and/or phone number, make sure to select the Update button, then confirm your information.
After updating this information you can use the forgotten password feature if you forget your password, or if your faculty/staff password has expired. To do so select the Forgotten Password link.
Simply enter your NSU username and follow the prompts.
A reset code will be send to the email address or phone number you provided. Once the code is confirmed you will be able to change your password.