How to Export PowerPoint Slide Show to MP4 Video
Posted by Shawn Parr, Last modified by Shawn Parr on February 20, 2014 09:22 AM
This tutorial will provide the steps needed to export a narrated slideshow to an MP4 video file in PowerPoint 2013. MP4 or MPEG-4 is a video file format that will play on many modern day computing devices without the need of special plugins or software to be installed.
1. Open the presentation in PowerPoint
2. Click on File and select Export
3. Click on Create a Video
4. Be sure that the Internet & DVD video option is selected to give you the best compromise between video resolution and file size. If you have voice overlays in your slide, make sure that Use Recorded Timings and Narrations is selected.
5. Click on Create Video
6. The Save As dialog will appear
7. Verify the Save as type is set to MPEG-4
8. Navigate to the location to save the file and click Save
The progress of the video creation will be located in the status area located at the bottom of the PowerPoint application screen. Depending on the size of the presentation and speed of the computer the encode process will vary.